Foundations in Suicide Prevention
FSP training has the potential to save lives by training all of us to know what to say, to know what to do and how to act when someone we know is at risk for suicide. Information is provided about suicide prevention risk factors and warnings signs.
Course Learning Outcomes
Training includes information for increased awareness and knowledge related to screening for suicidal thoughts and behaviours as well as practical skills training regarding how to recognise who is at risk, how to then have a life-saving conversation in order to get an at-risk person quickly to help and support.
- Understand the background, rationale and guidelines for use of the FSP Suicide Prevention Steps
- Identify information on suicide risk reduction practices and critical information on unrecognized suicide risk
- Discuss the epidemiology of suicide and describe the relationship between mental illness and suicide
- State recognized risk factors for suicide
- Use the FSP Suicide Screening process, including identifying suicide risk then having a life-saving conversation aimed at accessing help and support.
I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the skills and knowledge that you passed onto me at the training. The week following attending your programme I was able to assist in saving the life of a 14yr old girl. Without this training I’m not sure that things would have unfolded as straight forwardly as they did. I felt so empowered to know that I had done everything I could. Thank you thank you thank you
Online Course Delivery
Our online Foundations in Suicide Prevention Training course is ideal for individuals wanting to learn at their own pace, or organisations wanting to facilitate self-paced learning on a larger scale.
Research has shown that self-guided online learning can be just as effective as learning in a classroom environment. Our online training courses are delivered through a state-of-the-art electronic learning platform and enables individuals and organisations alike to learn FSP Suicide Prevention fundamentals at their own pace, in the office, at home or on the go.
- Simple to follow and easy to access and use
- Avoid the expensive cost of conventional training
- Access the course any time, anywhere, and learn at your own pace
- Individual subscriptions remain active for 1 year
- Log in to to do a refresher course and reinforce your learning at any time within the 1 year period
- Works on all internet-capable devices, including mobile phones, tablets and laptops/PCs
Purchase via Stripe
Payments for Walker Psychology Foundations in Suicide Prevention Training (FSP) Training are processed securely through Stripe via our online store.
Training Account Setup
Once your transaction has successfully been processed, we will get back to you within 24 hours and supply you with login details and additional instructions to access your training.
When you enter your details on the transaction page once you have clicked the buy now button, please ensure that you enter a valid email address that you regularly check, so we may contact you with your account details.
Face-to-face Classroom Instruction
Walker Psychology Foundations in Suicide Prevention Training (FSP) is also available as a traditional face-to-face workshop in either a half-day or a full-day format.
Face-to-face Training Includes:
- Size and scope of the problem
- Risk factors for suicide
- The warning signs of a suicide crisis
- The common causes of suicidal behaviour
- Relationship of mental illness to suicide
- How to identify who is at risk of suicide
- When and how to talk to someone at risk
- How to intervene to offer life-saving help
- How to access help for the further assessment and treatment
- How to access help for yourself in the process
Face-to-face training can be tailored to your organisation’s needs and specific needs, i.e., child and adolescents, primary care, law enforcement, NGO – social work, mental health support work, addictions, etc.